A smokeless fire pit may seem like a messy oxymoron. While this is a fact that you can’t fire without smoke, you can try to mitigate the smoke generated by using a smokeless fire pit.
But what exactly are smokeless fire pits and how do they work?
Here, we will mention what a smokeless fire pit is and everything about it! Just read the details below as it will sort out your doubts related to smokeless fire pits.
What is a smokeless fire pit?
If you’ve found yourself stuck around a typical fire pit and you are continuously encountering smoke no matter where you go, you are not alone. That is the reason smokeless fire pits were invented.
A smokeless fire pit is a wood-burning fire pit that efficiently burns firewood. This results in the generation of minimum smoke. Smoke is generated when firewood isn’t burnt properly. The best smokeless fire pit enables combustion in the fire chamber. Therefore, it produces little smoke.
How does a smokeless fire pit work?
A smokeless backyard fire pit combines three significant elements: heat, fuel, and oxygen that a fire needs to burn. A smokeless fire pit keeps the fire hot. Therefore, the fuel in the fire pit can get burnt and create smoke.
The success of a smokeless fire pit is dependent on its designs and texture. The design keeps the fire hot. A smokeless fire pit makes use of two walls to generate oxygen and heat. Heat and oxygen are the two main components that a fire needs to burn hot.
The smokeless fire pit has vent holes in the outer as well as inner walls within it. These vent holes will allow the oxygen to enter and let the hot air escape from the smokeless pit. This process will keep the fire as hot as possible. Hence, this will make the fire pit smokeless.
Does a smokeless fire pit produce no smoke?
When the smoke is produced, there is fire and when the fire is produced, then definitely smoke generation takes place. We are not denying that a smokeless fire pit produces zero smoke. It is just that a smokeless fire pit generates minimal smoke.
The smokeless fire pit generates slight smoke. It can hardly be noticed and hence, it is called smokeless.
The benefits of using a smokeless fire pit
A smokeless fire pit is great for entertaining purposes because it keeps guests warm during cold and chilly days and nights. Your guests and friends will be happier and enjoy the get-together or eve parties around the smokeless fire pit for a longer time.
There are ample benefits to using a smokeless fire pit. Some of them are as follows:
- Reduces the amount of smoke generation.
- Produces lesser ash and debris.
- A smokeless fire pit is easy to operate. Just read the instructions.
- The smokeless fire pit is more efficient to use than normal wood
- It requires less maintenance and less cleaning due to reduced ash.
- It helps in keeping your backyard safer and hence, reduces embers
- Additionally, it prevents eye burns or scratchy throats
- Smokeless fire pits help in protecting your flame from the wind. This is one of the less-mentioned benefits of a smokeless fire pit.
- These fire pits are durably built and have the perfect shape for a perfect evening get-together.
Here are the 5 reasons why you should buy a smokeless fire pit.
- Improved air quality: Smokeless Fire Pit has revolutionary technology. This technology ensures that air is kept clean and free from hazardous smoke.
- Reduced environmental impact: By burning excess gas & producing a smokeless burn, a smokeless pit helps in reducing the impact on the environment and surrounding.
- Increases efficiency: The smokeless pit is more efficient than traditional and old fire pits. It simply means that less fuel is being used.
- Increased safety: Smokeless fire pit creates smokeless burns that mitigate the smoke inhalation risk. Hence, this factor makes the smokeless fire pit a safer option for parties, outdoor get-togethers, and eve gatherings.
- Enhanced visual appeal: The smokeless fire pit has a more visual appearance.
Do smokeless fire pits provide heat more than standard fire pits?
Smokeless fire pits indeed burn firewood more than normal, traditional fire pits. But that doesn’t exactly mean it will release more heat or keep you warmer than normal. The smokeless fire pit design brings in oxygen via the bottom and top. This keeps the fire hot and refuels as needed. A lot of heat goes up and this makes the fire pit heat.
You should keep in mind the primary motto of the smokeless fire pit is to reduce and mitigate the firewood smoke. This smoke is barely noticeable. And this is the main reason people across the world choose smokeless fire pits over traditional fire pits.
Are smokeless fire pits safe to use?
You should focus on the most important thing while operating a smokeless fire pit is to keep objects away. Keep overhangs away from the fire pit while using the smokeless fire pit.
When the fire burns, the flames stretch higher on a smokeless fire pit than on a usual fire pit. Additionally, the fire heats items that are directly over the fire.
Smokeless fire pits are safe and secured but you must make sure there is nothing above the fire pit. This can quickly catch fire from the fire below and it includes overhangs, trees, roof structures, or any ceiling.
A smokeless fire pit is an extremely innovative and creative way to enjoy the warmth, ambiance, and event. It is suitable to use during parties or get-togethers and helps in creating a pleasant atmosphere.
Smokeless fire pits are available at affordable prices. Operating a smokeless fire pit isn’t rocket science but a DIY activity. All you need to do is read instructions thoroughly and follow them carefully.