Mountains are calling and I am going. This is a very profound proverb for avid travelers. When you visit the hillock side or any mountainous region, you must take care of many things. Some of them are how much luggage are you going to carry? Whether you should set up camping, go for a hike frequently, or set a campfire, you must know how much and what to carry. Likewise, it is necessary to focus on food stuff too.
Unfortunately, gourmet food is the one that remains unfocused. It can be down right impossible to pack loads of foods, fruits, and eatables to make varied meals. But when we see logically, we can manage to cook delicious food delicacies. All you need to do is just check out these exquisite yet simple to make recipes to make your campfire more interesting and tasteful.
Tasty recipes that can satiate your campfire hunger effortlessly
1. Campfire Nachos
A beloved happy hour classic can be made on the campfire too. This is possible through exotically delicious recipes. As irresistible bar food or weekend cheat meal nachos seem to be an ideal food option.
The Campfire Nachos can be made from fresh ingredients. Interestingly, you don’t have to possess professional culinary skills to make these nachos. But it is always necessary to have a basic idea about what all ingredients to add and what devices you need to prepare nachos. You need to buy a cast iron Dutch oven to make yummilicious nachos like a professional chef.
With the help of a Dutch oven, you can place coals on the upper side to cook meals from both sides. However, nachos don’t require complicated cooking procedures or expensive gadgets. Just take a camp stove and place it on the fire and it’s done. All you need is a cast-iron Dutch oven, a cast-iron skillet along with a lid, a sheet of aluminum foil to cover, and a large plate.
Ingredients & Recipe
- Choose the Sharp Cheddar, Monterey Jack blend, Shredded Mexican Cheese, or Colby cheese as this is highly subjective.
- Use fresh ingredients like onions, chiles, and uncooked fresh meat, and saute and cook them properly before preparing your nachos. Fresher ingredients are needed like black beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, roasted green chiles, and black olives.
- Take 1 tablespoon of neutral-flavored oil and apply to the large Dutch oven to prevent sticking of the nachos.
- For the first layer, evenly spread 1/3 rd pack of the chips into the oven. Top the nachos with ¼th can of El Pato, ¼th can of black beans, a few avocados, ¼ th cup of cheese, green onions, and cilantro.
- Repeat the process to build up the second layer.
- For the third layer, use the remaining chips, EL Pato, Black Beans, Shredded cheese, avocado, cilantro, and onions.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place the nachos on a metal grill for about 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese has melted. You’re done. Serve the same with lime wedges.
2. Campfire Toasted Cinnamon Rolls
Light, crunchy, tasty, and aromatic Cinnamon Rolls go well while witnessing the flawless view of the mountains at dawn & dusk. A delicious & warm way to start your day of camping in the correct way.
Ingredients & Recipe
- You need 1 can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls (For 2 to 3 people)
- Roasting prongs
- Hot embers for campfire
- Open one can and carefully divide the delicate cinnamon rolls.
- Gently insert the prongs through the side edges of the cinnamon rolls through the center of the bun near the back of the prongs.
- Slowly paced the Cinnamon Rolls over hot embers. Ensure to rotate the rolls frequently on all sides.
- It takes around 10 to 12 minutes to appropriately toast and cook the Cinnamon Rolls.
- Remove from campfire and allow Cinnamon Rolls to cool slightly and from the roasting prongs. Now just enjoy!
3. Best-Ever Burger
There are about ten million ways to make a top-class hamburger at your campfire. Whether you load your hamburger with all the top burger ingredients or prefer to keep it basic, the first cheese hamburger should be the best to taste.
Ingredients & Recipe
- 1 Lb. ground beef
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 TBSP melted butter
- 3 to 4 slices of American cheese
- 3 to 4 Hamburger buns
- 2 tomatoes
- Thin Iceberg lettuce
- Minced white onions
- Shape beef into equal patties mostly wider than your buns. Grill and roast both sides of your patty with black pepper, salt, and a pinch of turmeric and red chili powder to make it tastier. Press it a bit from the center.
- Grill your patties and make them crispy and crunchy and make sure they are not pink. Grill the patties for about 6 to 8 minutes. Flip and immediately apply melted butter on each side of the patties. Add cheese to garnish.
- If you prefer to consume fried patties, then double-fry the piece of beef for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- If you’re using a skillet to cook, then heat the skillet on medium-high flame and cook the patty until it becomes crispy and crunchy. Apply melted butter on both sides to cook it appropriately for about 3 to 4 minutes until they’re no longer pink.
- Now set the patties in between buns and add a few vegetables like onions or cabbage to upgrade the taste.
4. Campfire Barbeques
Whether you’re a tofu, paneer, or simply a veggie-lover, barbeque is one of the ways to satisfy your hunger pangs. At the campfire, you can use Zucchini kebabs, tofu, tomatoes, or paneer if available nearby to make exquisite kebabs.
Firstly marinate these veggies to make them tastier. Let us now watch what materials you need to make the finest and tastiest barbeques.
Ingredients & Recipe
- Canola oil for grill grates,
- 3 to 4 TBSP of fresh lemon juice,
- 2 TBSP of olive oil,
- 2 TBSP Olive oil,
- 2 to 3 TBSP chopped fresh thyme,
- 1 (14 ounces) firm Tofu, and cut into cubes.
You can add cherry tomatoes and other veggies too. 4 small zucchini and cut into 1-inch pieces each. Kosher salt, black pepper, and any spices you would like to add.
- Set up the grill and keep it at medium-high flame. Once the grill is heated, slightly oli grates with canola oil.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice, thyme, and olive oil in a big bowl and blend it thoroughly.
- Furthermore, add pieces of Tofu, Tomatoes, you can also add extra veggies if you like capsicum, zucchini and coat them.
- Garnish with black pepper, salt, and spices if you like. Now add them to skewers.
- Grill kebabs until vegetables are cooked well. Repeat this process for about 6 to 8 minutes.
There are many such easy-to-make recipes that can make your campfire days tasty. Do you have any recipes in your mind? Let us know in the comment section the name of the recipe along with the ingredients.